Home | Programme | Speakers | Photo gallery | Venues | Transport | Accommodation | Useful Information | News | Contact us | History of the Conference
and New Challenges in Maritime
Welcome to SimUC
From July 15 to July 19, more than 250 maritime professionals from 41
countries gathered in Maryland, USA to discuss the Future trends and New
Challenges in Maritime Simulation during the Transas Simulation User Conference
(Transas SimUC). For the first time ever, the event ran across two venues,
giving attendees an opportunity to experience two of the most unique and trend
setting Training Centers in the World.
The events success was demonstrated by the positive feedback received from attendees who commented favourably on the interesting, educational, relevant and current session content. In addition to the sessions related to R&D, engine room and cargo handling simulation, further sessions examined e-Navigation, ECDIS training, offshore simulation, dynamic positioning, new engineering regulatory training requirements, Search and Rescue, and asymmetric threat response training, with a mix of papers presented by Transas and delegates. A highlight of the program was a live demonstration of cloud based simulation, with a lively and open debate to follow discussing the potential application of these latest technological trends.
In addition to the extensive conference program, the Transas team offered an effective balance between sessions and informal discussions during social events. One of the key benefits of events like this is the opportunity to meet and share professional knowledge and experiences of our peers.
- August 15 : Transas Simulation User Conference: the future is now
- July 18 : SimUC - Day 4
- July 17 : SimUC - Day 3
- July 16 : SimUC - Day 2
- July 15 : SimUC - Day 1
- July 14 : SimUC - Day 0
- July 1 : Tastes from Around the World Contest
- June 4 : Transas SimUC 2013 will discuss the future challenges of e-Navigation
- April 30 : Transas SimUC 2013 Early Bird hotel rate offer extended
- April 26 : Transas SimUC 2013 continues to gain momentum
- April 24 : First speakers revealed for the 2013 Transas Simulation User Conference
- January 24 : Transas Simulation User Conference registration is open!